Following the glamour that exists in May we usually see a lag in the glamour in June. With THE CFDA Awards, Tony Awards, menswear fashion shows, big blockbuster movie promo tours, parties, and some killer street style all coming into play this month it was actually a lot harder to pick a top 10 looks than normal. There were a lot of really chic fashion moments in June and I am just really excited to show you my 10 favorite looks from the last month. 1) Natalia Vodinova in Monse Resort 2018: Most of the time when I do a best dresses list the number one spot on the list goes to a big gown or a really great cocktail look. This month I give it to a casual look with this amazing Monse Resort 2018 ensemble that Natalia Vodinova wore to sit front row at the Berluti Spring 2018 Menswear presentation during Paris Menswear Fashion Week. I love me some Monse, but I wasn’t so sure if we would see much of anything from the Resort 2018 collection on the red carpet but Natalia rocked this red cold shoulder plaid top and peek-a-boo plaid tan trumpet skirt. When she stepped out Natalia just oozed effortless edgy glamour and wore the look, not let the look wear her. The black and white patent strappy pumps, easy blown hair, smokey eye, and a red lip just helped this look ooze effortlessness. 2) Laura Haddock in Giambattista Valli Spring 2017 Couture: There were a lot of blockbuster films that premiered over the month of June. Had you told me at the beginning of June that my a look from the Transformers: The Last Knight was going to be on this list over some of the other big tours I probably would have never believed you. That all changed thanks to English actress Laura Haddock and her stellar tour. This beautiful champagne embellished tulle Giambattista Valli Spring 2017 Couture long sleeve ball gown that Laura wore to the Chinese world premiere of the film was a true glamorous princess moment. I wondered who would try these gowns on the red carpet and if they would be able to wear them instead of being worn by the gown. Laura definitely wore this gown and really made it into a totally regal red carpet moment. Her chic bun and romantic makeup just make this look total perfection.
3) Lily Collins in Prada: In May Anna Wintour was awarded the title of Dame Commander by Queen Elizabeth and last month the fashion industry gathered in New York City to celebrate the newly minted Dame Wintour. Lily Collins was one of the many glamorous attendees of the dinner and she looked absolutely AMAZING. Lily wore a custom Prada gown inspired by the labels Fall 2017 RTW collection. The black dress features red embroidery and light pink feathers and was a truly fashion moment for Lily to wear. Wearing Prada was definitely a nod to Anna as the label is a favorite of the Vogue editor-in-chief.
4) Dita Von Teese in Roland Mouret Pre-Fall 2016: It has been a long time since burlesque star and vintage beauty Dita Von Teese really made my jaw drop with one of her looks. Dita definitely embraces the glamour of the 40’s and she displayed that beautifully attending a dinner at Ours restaurant in London wear an absolutely beautiful gold laurex Roland Mouret Pre-Fall 2016 ensemble which features a one shoulder column gown and dramatic cape. Everything about this look just oozes glamour. 5) Sofia Boutella in custom Rodarte: I really had no intentions of falling in love with Sofia Boutella, but she worked some magic and it happened. It was the bangs, the short bangs, that made me not want to like her look, but she has really made them work. With the big tour for The Mummy Sofia switched stylists from Leslie Fremar to Karla Welch and the rest has been history. For the New York City premiere of The Mummy Sofia, who plays the mummy, showed up on the red (black) carpet dressed like a chic mummy wearing a custom white floral embroidered lace Rodarte one shoulder gown. Pretty much you know you’ve become an ‘it’ girl when Rodarte dresses you and Sofia is definitely on her way to becoming an “it” girl.
6) Kerry Washington in custom Oscar de la Renta: Until she took the red carpet at the Cars 3 premiere in LA I had been really questioning where the Kerry Washington that I love had gone. Her bubblegum pink custom Oscar de la Renta silk faille strapless mini dress which features a sequined bodice and a puffed skirt was total perfection. The dress could have come across as Barbie, but with the sleek edgy bob, the iridescent glitter clutch, and gold sandals all just made sure that the look was sweet enough without giving us a toothache.
7) Janelle Monae in custom Christian Siriano: Janelle was honored with the CFDA Board of Directors Tribute Award along with Gloria Steinem and Cecile Richards. On the red carpet Janelle looked like the perfect embodiment of the round sunglasses Snapchat filter thanks to her Karen Walker sunnies she walked the red carpet wearing. I usually don’t like it when stars wear sunglasses on the red carpet, but Janelle makes it work. Her custom black and white stripe blocked, asymmetrical Christian Siriano tuxedo was also a real wow moment. It takes a really great look with perfect construction to really make me fall in love with a Siriano design and this has it all. Total perfection from top to toe. 8) Condola Rashad in custom Vivienne Westwood: Thank god for Anna Wintour. The Vogue editor-in-chief has worked closely with the Tony Awards for a few years now to elevate the glamour of the event. Anna helps pair each nominee with a top stylist or Vogue fashion editor. Anna introduced the Best Featured Actress in a Play nominee Condola Rashad to Hollywood power stylist Thomas Carter Phillips, who dresses the likes of Emmy Rossum, Danai Gurira, Christina Ricci, and Kate Bosworth. That paring really turned to magic when Condola stepped onto the red carpet at the Tony Awards wearing a custom orange, navy, and orange Vivienne Westwood sculpted cocktail dress. The dress what a bold, yet chic and elegant statement that I really want to see on the red carpet at the Tony Awards. This look really made me take notice.
9) Ellie Bamber in Chanel Cruise 2018: When I heard that Chanel was hosting the Serpentine Gallery’s Summer Party in London I knew that Ellie Bamber was going to be one of the guests. Ellie has been a Chanel darling for a while now and she showed up on the red carpet wearing a really dramatic head to toe look from the Chanel Cruise 2018 collection. The look included a navy and cold printed mini dress with a dramatic sheer kimono style coat and a pair of aqua strappy gladiator sandals. The ease at which Ellie wore this look on the red carpet is what made me fall in love with it. The look was chic yet dramatic and with the contrasting shoes (that the look was paired with on the runway) really made for the perfect look to wear for a summer party celebrating art.
10) Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge in Gucci: When I saw that Cathy Cambridge stepped out to tour a gallery opening at the Victoria & Albert Museum Gallery wearing a beautiful Gucci dress I was shocked. I find myself taken aback when I see the Duchess of Cambridge embrace high fashion outside the scope of purely British based brand, so this came as a very pleasant surprise. This black and white tweed Gucci dress trimmed with navy and red stripes and gold embellished pearl button details was chic and perfect for a princess to wear for an official duty. I think that with the red clutch, black pumps, and pulled back hairstyle really just made this look the epitome of regal elegance.