Before I knew it I was looking down at my calendar and I realized that March was over. I honestly couldn’t believe it. March is always a much more relaxed month following the craziness of Awards Season and a bit of a reprieve before gearing up for the Met Gala and Cannes Film Festival. A lot of the time in March there aren’t as many major red carpet moments, but this year the stars really did bring it. While it was easier to compile this list than others the final cut for the 10 best looks was tough. If you had told me at the beginning of the month that Emma Watson was not going to be on this list I would have seriously doubted you, but she was just edged out. 1) Celine Dion in Christian Siriano at the Beauty and the Beast LA Premiere: Celine Dion stepped out on the red carpet at the LA Premiere of Beauty and the Beast and basically told everyone else that they could go home. Celine shut the red carpet down wearing a periwinkle Christian Siriano Pre-Fall 2017 gown rendered in silk crepe which gown features a high neck, full length sleeves, and an oversized bow on the shoulder. Ever since she started working with stylist Law Roach Celine’s style has been bolder and more glamorous than ever. This look is not something that I would have ever expected Celine to wear, yet it totally works, and that it what I love about Law. When it comes time to pick favorite looks on the year, this gown will definitely be on the table. 2) Selena Gomez in Oscar de la Renta at the 13 Reasons Why LA Premiere: Selena Gomez finished the month of March by stepping out for the LA premiere of the Netflix series 13 Reasons Why and did so in such a fun manner. Her copper orange Oscar de la Renta Fall 2017 RTW strapless metallic cocktail dress which cocktail dress features a fitted bodice and a full mini skirt was amazing. I have been loving Oscar de la Renta, and it made for one of Selena’s best red carpet looks ever. The styling really just complimented and elevated this look even more than I thought it would. Bravo to Selena’s stylist Kate Young for paring the dress with those killer orange ombre Rebecca de Ravenel pom pom earrings and then the simple Giuseppe Zanotti mules. Selena’s sleek hair and orange smokey eye just really spoke to me. This is another look I will be sure to remember come time to pick my favorite looks of the year.
3) Elizabeth Banks in Zuhair Murad Couture at the Power Rangers LA Premiere: When it came to wondering what Elizabeth Banks was going to wear for the LA premiere of Power Rangers I wondered if she was going to embrace her inner super villain for the red carpet. And I think she did just that, but in an uber glamorous way. Elizabeth channeled her inner Ferocia Couture wearing this edgy, glamorous, and bad ass electric blue Zuhair Murad Spring 2017 Couture embellished jumpsuit which features a strong shoulder, plunging neckline, draped hips, and a black velvet belt with crystal buckle. I honestly would have expected someone like JLo to get her hands on this, but this is more of an edgy, glam side of Elizabeth that we don’t often. I totally loved everything about this look, well almost everything. I wasn’t a huge fan of her black satin Casadei platform pumps, but everything else was perfection so I barely notice them anyway.
4) Cara Delevinge in Mugler at CinemaCon: I knew that Cara Delevinge was going to be kicking off a tour for her new film Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, but I didn’t know that it was going start so soon. Cara stepped out during CinemaCon for the STXfilms “The State of the Industry: Past, Present & Future” presentation and it was absolute magic. Cara embodied edgy glam wearing a red Mugler Pre-Fall 2017 ensemble which features a long sleeve jersey bodysuit with a plunging neckline and a patent leather zip up mini skirt. The look might have been too much for most to wear for a panel, but I think that Cara just wore this look with ease. Her layered silver necklaces and her simple Jimmy Choo pumps were perfection and her hair and makeup softened the toughness of this look. 5) Anya Taylor Joy in Miu Miu at the Empire Awards: To be honest I was not expecting anything to come from the red carpet from the Empire Awards, then I saw Anya Taylor Joy. Not only did she win the Best Female Newcomer award, but she won the red carpet. This disco chic silver pailette Miu Miu long sleeve wrap dress which features a plunging neckline and a high/low hemline really made a statement and Anya worked it. Anya usually goes for big frothy styles so this departure was a truly impactful red carpet moment. Like Elizabeth I wasn’t a huge fan of Anya’s shoe choice, but they were light enough that I barely noticed them. Her loose waves and her lined eye perfectly punctuated this ensemble.
6) Solange Knowles in Chloe at the Chloe Fall 2017 RTW Presentation: I love Solange. That is a simple fact and I have really missed her. It has been a long time since Solange delivered something that I got really excited about. When I saw her step out to sit front row at Clare Waight Keller’s swan song at Chloe I said “now this is the Solange I love.” Her white 3D floral embroidered tulle dress was a soft romantic statement and definitely held it’s own against some of bold looks that we saw on stars during Paris Fashion Week. Solange was huger supporter of Clare at Chloe so this was the perfect look for her to wear to see her off. I think that the dress embodied the bohemian femininity perfectly embodied the Chloe woman under Keller’s reign at the label.
7) Amal Clooney in Bottega Veneta seen out in New York City: Amal Clooney is definitely on a track to be my Best Dressed Baby Bump this year. Amal has been making all kinds of rounds advocating for human and women’s rights. Earlier last month Amal was seen heading into the United Nations where she delivered a speech calling for the body to investigate war crimes committed by ISIS. It was such a heavy speech, and an important one, but this is not a place for politics. Amal looked beautiful wearing a yellow Bottega Veneta Pre-Fall 2017 coat and shift dress trimmed in black piping was the epitome of 60’s chic but in a modern wardrobe. Amal knows how to power dress while also sticking to her very feminine style. 8) Kelsea Ballerini in Pamella Roland at the iHeartRadio Music Awards: Kelsea Ballerini is the country star to watch. The 23 year old songstress has been gaining traction with her red carpet style and delivered her best look ever with the ombre blue long sleeve Pamella Roland Pre-Fall 2017 jumpsuit which features a plunging neckline, defined waist, and flared pant let that she wore on the red carpet at the iHeartRadio Music Awards. I rarely pay much attention to the iHeartRadio Awards red carpet, but this was just a strong striking glamorous moment. Modern disco.
9) Anna Wintour in Chanel seen during Paris Fashion Week: Would it be a best dressed list following fashion month without one appearance by Anna Wintour? I don’t think so. The queen of Vogue and Conde Nast in general kept a lower profile than normal this fashion season but was at all of the most important Paris Fashion Week shows. Anna was seen heading into the Christian Dior Fall 2017 RTW presentation at the Muse de Rodin wearing a gorgeous Chanel Fall 2016 RTW ensemble. Everything about the maroon tweed checkered look screams Anna’s classic ladies who lunch aesthetic. While the look is nothing groundbreaking from Anna it is perfect for her and her tastes. She may dictate what trends are to be adored, but she is never a slave to a trend herself. Anna is always dressed true to her own taste, a testament to someone who truly lives for fashion.
10) Jennifer Lopez in Elie Saab at the NBC/Universal Press Day: Last but not least is JLo who makes this appearance for being one of the few women who will wear couture during the day. Jennifer attended the NBC/Universal Press Day to promote her NBC show Shades of Blue and did so while saying fuck you to rules of convention and wearing a gorgeous Elie Saab Fall 2016 Couture cocktail dress. Many would find this to be too much, but not I. If we know anything about JLo it is that she is the epitome of luxury and this look just shows why. Jennifer is oozing sexy glamour. The boobs and leg might also be off putting to some, but I know that is the JLo way. As the old saying goes if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.