1) Nieves Alvarez in Stephane Rolland Spring 2017 Couture at the Goya Awards: I said it when I first posted the You Better Werk! post that this gorgeous Stephane Rolland moment on Nieves Alvarez has the potential to make my Best Dressed of 2017 list come December. While this gown at it’s base is a black mermaid gown the white sculptural flame detail really makes this look anything but basic. Everything about this look is perfection. From the chic updo, the smokey eye, red lip, simple black clutch, and the dazzling Bulgari diamonds there just seemed to completely pull this look together. This look is classic glamour with a modern twist, something that I think that only Nieves could really have made this moment work on the red carpet. 2) Jane Fonda in Atelier Versace Fall 2016 Couture at the Costume Designers Guild Awards: Jane Fonda showed up on the red carpet at the Costume Designers Guild Awards and showed up the celebrity honorees Meryl Streep and Lily Collins wearing a gorgeous modified Atelier Versace Fall 2016 Couture off the shoulder gown which features a light blue lined cowel neckline. Jane shows us that you can be sexy at any age wearing this creation and this gown is eternally elegant and definitely goes down as one of Jane’s best red carpet moments ever.
3) Toni Garnn in custom BOSS at the Berlin Film Festival premiere of “Django:” For the most part the red carpets of the 2017 Berlin Film Festival were rather boring, except for a few real stand out moments. This liquid gold custom BOSS gown on Toni Garnn was one of those wow moments. I don’t usually think of models on the red carpet at the Berlin Film Festival, but I was glad that she was on the carpet because Toni really brought the glamour to the red carpet. This gown is simple in silhouette, but incredibly impactful in delivery.
4) Adele in Zuhair Murad Fall 2015 Couture for her Australian Tour: I thought I had my Best Dressed of February list but then at the last minute Adele kicked off her Australian tour in Perth wearing an absolutely gorgeous wine colored Zuhair Murad Fall 2015 Couture ball gown. Adele is a queen and she really gave us a regal moment wearing this gown on the stage for her Australian tour. This is the first time that we have seen Adele wear a ball gown. We have seen barely a-line and column gowns, but never a ball gown. I was taken with how absolutely gorgeous this moment was. Adele has had a killer year fashion wise so far, so I cannot wait to see what else she has in store. 5) Amal Clooney in custom Atelier Versace at the Cesar Awards: One of the most talked about moments of February was when Amal Clooney debuted her maternity style wearing a custom strapless Atelier Versace mermaid gown which features an ombre feathered hem. Versace really ruled the red carpet last month, and I have to say that with moments like this it is not hard to see why. Amal has always had some of the best style and I knew that it would translate into maternity style and this gown just really showed that she is not about to let a baby bump stifle her style. I hope that George has a lot more red carpet moments with Amal by his side as the bump continues to grow.
6) Lady Gaga in Versace Spring 2017 RTW doing press for her Super Bowl 50 Half-Time Show: Lady Gaga wore a whole host of Versace moments (this marks the third time Versace appears on this list) but it wasn’t her sparkling bodysuit she performed in, but the purple and green Versace Spring 2017 RTW catsuit and windbreaker coat that really lasted in my mind. The look was head to toe from the runway except for the vintage Moschino football purse and Gaga really rocked the look. There aren’t many that could make this look work head to toe, but Gaga did it.
7) Gwen Stefani in Moschino Pre-Fall 2015 spotted out in LA: Before she started doing press for the new season of The Voice Gwen Stefani was photographed leaving church with her family and she did so looking ever so fabulous. When I think of church-wear my mind doesn’t ever go to Moschino, but Gwen really rocked this look which consisted of a red Pre-Fall 2017 coat and tapered pants and a pair of black Gianvito Rossi pumps. The look is bold and edgy, but still covered enough for a church service. Gwen kept her hair in a sleek ponytail adding a smokey eye and forgoing her signature red lip to really make this a gorgeous moment. 8) Emma Watson in Elie Saab Couture at the “Beauty and the Beast” Shanghai Premiere: Over the course of February Emma Watson was really busy promoting her newest, and much anticipated film, Beauty and the Beast and promoting sustainable fashion. It was hard for me to pick my favorite of her looks but the one that swooped in at the end with this custom Elie Saab Couture gown won my heart. This is the closest to princess that we are going to see Emma get on the red carpet. This gown was right in the sustainable fashion wheelhouse of Emma’s current run since the gown was created using leftover materials from previous Elie Saab Couture collections. The gown was paired with a wavy bob, a red lip, and a matching custom Elie Saab Couture cape.
9) Maggie Gyllenhaal in Schiaparelli Spring 2017 Couture at the Berlin Film Festival Closing Ceremony: Maggie Gyllenhaal really didn’t impress me much over the course of the Berlin Film Festival, but she left off on a high note. For the Closing Ceremony Maggie wore a gorgeous abstract embroidered Schiaparelli Spring 2017 Couture gown. I will say that when I was saving gowns for reference for wish lists that I did not save this gown, so it was a memorizing moment to see Maggie wearing it because she wore it so well. On the runway I likened this gown to a couture mu-mu and wrote it off, on Maggie it fit her bohemian glamour perfectly. Bouncy curls and a red lip really just added the perfect finishing touches to this look.
10) Cynthia Erivo in Gabriela Hearst Spring 2017 RTW at the Weinstein Company Pre-Oscars Dinner: Rounding out this look is the gorgeous Cynthia Erivo. I have been not loving a lot of Cynthia’s red carpet moments lately, but this gorgeous black Gabriela Hearst Spring 2017 RTW jumpsuit which features a modified asymmetrical sweetheart neckline and an a-line silhouette, which likens to a gown was gorgeous. This was the perfect look for Cynthia to wear on the red carpet at a pre-Oscars dinner and I love that she styled the look with a head wrap, smokey eye, red lip, a black clutch, and a gaggle of gorgeous diamonds. Everything about this look was perfection.
You can see all the looks that I considered for this list on my Facebook page.