The first major red carpet of awards season took place in Hollywood last night and the stars really brought it. There were so many great looks last night on the Golden Globe Awards red carpet, and I had a bit of a hard time picking which would be the top 10 of the night, but I did it.
1) Emma Stone in Valentino Couture: Topping the list is the always gorgeous Emma Stone. I had really high expectations for Emma last night and she showed up wearing a “City of Stars” inspired custom silver star embroidered Valentino Couture. While I might have rolled my eyes at the idea of being so kitschy with the themes from La La Land, but the Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Musical/Comedy really shined like a sea of stars. The gorgeous Tiffany & Co. diamond necklace, soft makeup, loose updo, and Jimmy Choo sandals added the perfect touches to this dazzling moment. I cannot wait to see what the rest of awards season has in store for Emma. 2) Blake Lively in Atelier Versace: For someone who was just on the red carpet as the plus one of presenter and nominee Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively really brought it. I knew that Blake wouldn’t let me down. This black velvet custom Atelier Versace gown which features gold sequin halter and pocket detailing this was just an absolutely gorgeous moment for Blake. I was sad to see that they had to cut this gorgeous gown right on the red carpet into a tea length dress because Blake wasn’t able to walk down the carpet in the gown. I was glad that they were able to get photos of the look as the gorgeous gown before they chopped it. The diamond and emerald Lorraine Schwartz cuffs, diamond studs, sleek updo, and smokey eye rounded this look out to perfection.
3) Brie Larson in custom Rodarte: After winning the Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama trophy at the Golden Globe Awards last year Brie Larson was back on the red carpet this year as a presenter. Brie did so in va va voom glam wearing a custom red Rodarte gown which features an embellished sweetheart neckline fitted bodice and flowing skirt. Some pointed out that this gown likened to another Rodarte gown which Natalie Portman wore to the Venice Film Festival premiere of Black Swan, and I kind of agree. Both looks are gorgeous. Bries gown evokes bombshell glamour and I absolutely adore it. From her old Hollywood waves to her perfectly matching red lip to her Forevermark diamonds there was nothing that I would change about this look.
4) Thandie Newton in custom Monse: I was totally rooting for Thandie Newton to win the Best Supporting Actress in a Television Series, Movie, or Limited Series award last night so I was very disappointed that she did not win. What Thandie did win was the heart of the fashion world stepping out on the red carpet wearing a custom white Monse off the shoulder long sleeve column gown which looks like it was just dipped in orange sequins. I was praying that Monse was going to get a major awards season moment and Thandie more than delivered. The gorgeous actress finished her look with Harry Winston diamonds and Jimmy Choo shoes. 5) Evan Rachel Wood in custom Altuzarra: On the red carpet Evan Rachel Wood, who was nominated for Best Actress in a Television Series – Drama, noted how after several times attending the Golden Globes wearing gowns that she wanted to show girls that you don’t have to wear a gown on the red carpet. So she shunned the gown and wore a custom Altuzarra white tie tuxedo. What I think I love most about this look is that Evan wanted to reference the classic film Victor/Victoria and she perfectly nailed that.
6) Ruth Negga in custom Louis Vuitton: If you had told me that Ruth Negga was going to wear a custom Louis Vuitton gown on the red carpet at the Golden Globe Awards I probably would have just rolled my eyes and begged her stylist Karla Welch to not. I would have been forced to eat my words. Ruth really has continued to prove why I named her a One to Watch in 2017. This gorgeous fully sequined gold Louis Vuitton cap sleeve column gown just says I AM HERE! I am very excited to see what else Ruth and Karla can cook up over the course of awards season. Finished with finger waves, dark moody makeup, and Fred Leighton x Gemfields diamonds this look was liquid gold.
7) Jessica Biel in Elie Saab Fall 2016 Couture: Last night was really the night of the plus-ones. From Blake Lively in custom Atelier Versace to Jessica Biel in off the runway Elie Saab the wives were in couture. I was wondering if Blake or Jessica were going to present, neither did, but both showed up in gowns that upstaged some of the nominees. I am always a go big or go home and Jessica definitely did that with her gorgeous floral embellished Elie Saab Fall 2016 Couture halter gown which features a velvet plunging bodice, sexy center split, and a printed ball skirt. I have been waiting for this gown to have a red carpet moment, while I did not think it was going to be on the Globes red carpet, and Jessica more than did this gown justice. Neil Lane diamonds, Ferragamo shoes, sleek updo, and soft makeup all made the look total perfection. 8) Amy Adams in custom Tom Ford: Amy Adams spent the end of 2016 doing the pony dance between promoting her two films Nocturnal Animals and Arrival. While she was nominated for the latter, Amy payed homage to her Nocturnal Animals director Tom Ford (who was also nominated) wearing a custom Tom Ford strapless square neck bustier grey anthracite sequin column evening gown. This dress fit Amy to absolute perfection. I was kind of hoping that Amy would have a little more dramatic gown but how perfect of this gown fit and the confidence that Amy exuded just really made this gown. Amy finished her look with Cartier diamonds and Jimmy Choo shoes.
9) Anna Kendrick in Vionnet Spring 2017 RTW: I had posted this gorgeous grey Vionnet Spring 2017 RTW one shoulder draped gown for Keri Russell to wear on the Golden Globe Awards red carpet. If that wish had come true I don’t think that the gown would be on this list. Anna Kendrick glided gown the Globes red carpet evoking a smokey goddess. I am very excited that Anna gave this gown the red carpet moment it deserves and more than did it justice. Pulled back waves, dark makeup, and Neil Lane diamonds finished this look.
10) Naomie Harris in Armani Prive: Last but not least is the gorgeous Naomie Harris. While I would guess that this Armani Prive gown was pulled together quite quickly since Naomie returned to stylist Nola Singer after a brief sting with Michela Erlanger on Saturday, it was amazing. Naomie was another of my Ones to Watch in 2017 and she has not been letting me down. This gold custom Armani Prive strapless embellished column gown with a plunging sweetheart neckline was absolutely amazing. Finished with Tiffany & Co. diamonds, Jimmy Choo bag and shoes, glam Veronica Lake waves, and dewy makeup rounded out this perfect red carpet moment.
You can see all the looks from the 2017 Golden Globe Awards red carpet over on my Facebook page.