1) Lady Gaga in Carolina Herrera Spring 2016 RTW: Street style dominates my Best Dressed of July 2016 list. I have to say that the stars showed their summery best while going to events that were personal or did not have a red carpet all month. I usually don’t put street style at the top of a best dressed list but when it is Lady Gaga and even the sidewalk is like a red carpet how can you not? This gorgeous baby pink Carolina Herrera Spring 2016 RTW trench style shirt dress which she wore to the baptism of her goddaughter was apologetically glamorous. I think that only Gaga could get away with making this look work off the runway paring it with a pair of pink lace pumps, baby blue hat box, and white frame sunglasses. Giving 60’s housewife realness just jetted Gaga to the top of this list. 2) Blake Lively in Emanuel Ungaro Spring 2016 RTW: Blake Lively makes women hate her with jealously of how gorgeous she is on a regular day, but when she is promoting Cafe Society while pregnant wearing a harness inspired Emanuel Ungaro Spring 2016 RTW dress looking flawless the hate is even more real. I don’t even know how she does it. She really is the most fearless pregnant woman ever. On paper this dress should not work with a baby bump, on most it wouldn’t, but somehow Blake saw this and said lets give it a go, and I am very happy she did. Who says that you have to be covered up when you are pregnant? I say if you got it flaunt it all the time, & Blake did just that.
3) Diane Kruger in Jason Wu: I can always count on Diane Kruger to bring some drop dead red carpet moment and she for sure did that on the red carpet at the NYC premiere of The Infiltrator wearing a gorgeous custom Jason Wu red lace gown, inspired by a look from the labels Pre-Fall 2016 collection. I was expecting something short and sassy since this isn’t a major motion picture (and I haven’t heard any awards buzz around it) so when Diane stepped out on this red carpet in this gorgeous red lace gown my jaw dropped. All of the details of this look just screamed glamour. I am praying that we will continue to see more and more of her on the red carpet.
4) Beyonce in Gucci: I have to say that as of late I have been bored by Beyonce and her fashion choices, but when she posted a picture of herself in a gorgeous Gucci ruffled sleeve silk rose print mini dress while in Paris I said “now that’s more like the Beyonce that I have always loved.” This is such a fashion dress and Bey is working it. I love that to minimize paparazzi Beyonce posts her own pictures on the internet of her looks and of her family. This gorgeous look was then worn while Beyonce (and Blue Ivy in a matching dress) went shopping in Paris. The pink metallic Gucci sandals were a perfect, yet unexpected choice for Beyonce to make and it just added to the perfection of the overall look. I hope that she keeps up with this high glam style with her red carpet style. 5) Jessica Chastain in Monse Resort 2017: I have been obsessed with Jessica Chastain since she first burst onto the scene in a yellow Zac Posen gown at the Cannes Film Festival in 2011. She blew me away wearing a Monse Resort 2017 strapless black gown which has draped details exposing swarovski crystal embellishments for the Piaget ‘Sunny Side of Life” launch party during Paris Haute Couture Fashion Week. In the lookbook I thought that this gown was most likely a knee length cocktail dress but the gown had me even more taken. I usually would scoff at a necklace paired with this gown but the Piaget necklace that Jessica wore with her gown was not too much to compete with the gown.
6) Rihanna in Balenciaga Pre-Fall 2016: Rihanna always has some of the best street style and recently she has been really killing all her looks from cities in Europe where she is currently on her ‘Anti’ world tour. Recently while she was out in Prague Rihanna gave us yet another major street style look wearing a white halter midi dress paired with a white Balenciaga Pre-Fall 2016 fur stole, a pair of Vetements sock boots, and a pair of her Dior collaboration sunglasses. Even in the middle of summer wearing all that heavy clothing Rihanna looked cool, calculated, and absolutely fabulous.
7) Margot Robbie in Gucci: Margot Robbie has been making the rounds promoting her films The Legend of Tarzan and Suicide Squad. While going out to do press for Suicide Squad I was absolutely taken with her bold summery Gucci rose print cotton poplin ruffle dress, which was actually head to toe Gucci with all Gucci accessories. I usually hate quadruple stack platform pumps but they do not offend here, in fact they are quite complimentary. The black bag, which has red harts on on it, also complimented. Over all this outfit is total summer wardrobe goals. 8) Zoe Saldana in Givenchy Fall 2015 Couture: After skipping the London premiere of Star Trek Beyond I was glad to see the Zoe Saldana step out on the red carpet at the films premiere at San Diego Comic-Con in a gorgeous Givenchy Fall 2015 Couture petal embellished midi dress. I am so happy that Zoe gave this dress a moment as I thought it was lost to the annals of the Givenchy Couture archive. Zoe has always been one of my favorite red carpet ladies and this just furthered my love of her style.
9) Victoria Beckham in Victoria Beckham Collection: Is there really any other person but Victoria Beckham herself to be the best brand ambassador for her own line? We have yet to see the Victoria Beckham Resort 2017 collection but I believe that the looks that she has been wearing are probably from that line. This grey suit with an oversized blazer coat and tapered pants from her namesake line as she was seen leaving LAX. Most people fly in their most comfortable clothes, Victoria does it in high heels.
10) Celine Dion in Gucci: Last but not least I have Celine Dion, who has been killing her fashion choices this month after partnering with a new stylist Law Roach who also claims Zendaya as a client. After a guest hosting spot on The Today Show Celine was spotted leaving Rockefeller Center in a gorgeous Gucci ensemble (side not Gucci totally won the month) which included a bright yellow blouse and cubed patterned mini skirt. I have always loved Celine’s style but she has been getting better & better & I am hoping that we continue to see her more & more on the red carpet.